8 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOUR INTRODUCTORY WEDDING DANCE LESSON
1. Learning how to dance is just as important as learning the actual dance.
Our goal is to teach you how to dance first and foremost rather than just teach you one dance for one day.
Out of the many things you’re investing in for your wedding, your dancing is one of the few things you get to take with you into your marriage. We want your dance lessons to feel like a date and an opportunity to work together in each other’s arms. Focus, listen mindfully, observe, ask questions, review. Try to make the most of the group classes and practice opportunities provided in the studio. During each lesson, try to relax so you can enjoy both the process and each other. Be patient with yourselves while also giving it your best effort.
2. A “Dancing with the Stars” like choreography or a simple and nice routine?
It’s a dance that you will remember forever. It will be seen for many generations to come. We want to make sure that you feel proud and comfortable dancing with your loved one.
3. Have you thought about the SONG yet?
If you did, GREAT! Just bring the name and artist, and we’ll get you dancing right away. If not, don’t worry; we have a huge music selection. Just let us know what is on your mind, and we’ll present some options for your first dance.
4. Shoes! It’s very important to start practicing your routine with the shoes you will be wearing that day as soon as possible. If you still don’t have them, no problem. Bring the closest design to what you will be wearing.
5. Dance floor: all your routine will be based on what size dance floor you’ll be dancing on.
What shape it has? Where your guest’s tables will be located? If you still don’t know, no worries; we can figure it out later on.
6. Dress! Shhhh. This is only a Brides-Dance Instructor matter! But is important for us to know how long, short, big, or tight your dress or outfit is going to be to make both of you dance comfortably and have fun with it.
7. Date: OK, we really, really hope your wedding is at least a couple of months ahead.
We want you to feel comfortable and relaxed while looking confident and elegant on your first dance as husband and wife. But if that is not the case, don’t panic! Our dance team will get you dancing in no time with basic patterns to the song you choose.
8. Speak out. If, for some reason, you don’t feel comfortable with some of the movements, either you feel is too much or you want to show off more, make sure to express your feelings freely with your instructor.
GET STARTED WITH OUR WEDDING PACKAGES BY DANCE FLOW TODAY!
We look forward to meeting you and introducing you to the fun and amazing world of dance!